Museum in Split

This building near the main entrance to the ruins of the ancient city of Salona was built by the site's ground-breaking archaeologist Monsignor Frane Bulić in 1898 as a base for his research. The downstairs drawing room is decorated in an ancient Roman style, incorporating early Christian motifs. It now has displays on the early archaeology undertaken here, while the entrance hall serves as the main ticket office for the complex.